PHTLS - Instructors Manual
Need some help
Call us on +44 (0) 1952 56 56 56 or click here to email us
Quick and easy online returns process
Earn rewards points to spend online with every order
On all online orders delivered within the UK
As the required textbook for NAEMT's worldwide prehospital trauma life support courses, Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) is the definitive resource for learning basic and advanced prehospital trauma skills and concepts. Now revised and expanded to cover all aspects of prehospital trauma — with new chapters on burns, wilderness trauma, tactical considerations, weapons of mass destruction, triage and disaster management, and environmental trauma — the 6th edition is the ultimate trauma text for any prehospital care provider! The 6th edition is also ideal for use as the trauma component of an EMT or paramedic course or as a general reference tool on trauma assessment and management.
New to the edition
More comprehensive, covering ALL aspects of prehospital trauma
- More thoroughly referenced than ever with the most accurate, up-to-date, evidence-based information available
- Information on Prolonged/Extended Transport added to all applicable chapters
- Chapter on Burns provides an in-depth view of how to treat burn trauma patients.
- A companion DVD-ROM (new format) shows full-screen video clips of all airway and spinal skills used in PHTLS. Skills are even subtitled in six languages! It also contains information – such as the Glasgow Coma Scale, Revised Trauma Score, Rule of Nines, Parkland Formula, and Pediatric Vital Signs – to download to your PDA.
- Chapter on Triage and Disaster Management addresses the multiple casualty incident in detail, whether the incident is as small as 3-4 people to a disaster involving hundreds.
- Chapter on Weapons of Mass Destruction explains how to correctly react at the scene of an incident involving biological, nuclear, incendiary, chemical, or explosive agents.
- Chapter on Civilian Tactical EMS describes how prehospital providers can support police operations, promote crime scene awareness, and apply PHTLS concepts to civilian tactical settings.
- Chapter on Wilderness Trauma Care describes treatment of trauma patients in wilderness situations, including information on extended transport times.
- Two Environmental Trauma chapters offer more information on a wide variety of environmental emergency topics.
- 8 laminated quick reference cards with helpful information such as the Glasgow Coma Scale, spinal immobilization, and more—they can go anywhere for easy quick-reference.
Free and Easy Delivery
All deliveries to the UK are free as standard, however we do have a number of options available in the checkout for next day delivery and Saturday delivery at an added cost.
The FASTEST way to get a refund or exchange for your item is to fill in the returns form within 30 days of receiving your goods. Once supplied with an RMA number goods must be returned complete with the manufacturers packaging and instructions in an un-damaged and re-saleable condition.
Please see our full refund policy for more info on how to return goods.