i-gel Supraglottic Airway
Need some help
Call us on +44 (0) 1952 56 56 70 or click here to email us
Quick and easy online returns process
Earn rewards points to spend online with every order
On all online orders delivered within the UK
The evolution continues.
i-gel is now available in 4 paediatric sizes.
What is i-gel?
i-gel, from Intersurgical, is a truly unique, single use, supraglottic airway management device that represents the culmination of years of extensive research and development. Made from a medical grade thermoplastic elastomer, i-gel has been designed to create a non-inflatable, anatomical seal of the pharyngeal, laryngeal and perilaryngeal structures whilst avoiding compression trauma. i-gel is currently available in seven sizes and is supplied in an innovative, colour-coded polypropylene ‘protective cradle’.
In short, everything about the i-gel supraglottic airway device has been designed to work in perfect unison with the anatomy.
Benefits and features of i-gel
- i-gel is made from a unique, soft, gel-like material to allow ease of insertion and reduced trauma
- Each i-gel features a gastric channel designed to improve and enhance patient safety, to allow for suctioning and passing of a nasogastric tube and facilitate venting
- Integral bite-block reduces the possibility of airway channel occlusion
- Virtually eliminates rotation
- Reduces the possibility of epiglottis downfolding and obstructing the airway
- Unique packaging protects the i-gel in transit and ensures that it maintains its anatomical shape
- 15 mm connector – reliable connection to any standard catheter mount or connection
- Clearly displayed product information – for quick, easy reference and confirmation of size and weight guidance
- >Position guide – easy confirmation of optimum insertion depth
- Buccal cavity stabilizer – aids insertion and eliminates the potential for rotation
- Epiglottis blocker – reduces the possibility of epiglottis ‘down folding’ and airway obstruction
- The non-inflatable cuff – made from a unique soft gel-like material allowing ease of insertion and reduced trauma
- Latex Free
The i-gel non-inflatable cuff
i-gel gets its name from the soft gel-like material from which it is made. It is the innovative application of material that has enabled the development of a unique non-inflatable cuff. This key feature means insertion i-gel is easy, rapid and consistently reliable. Using i-gel; the simple, safe and rapid solution i-gel is incredibly easy to use. A proficient user can achieve insertion of the i-gel in less than 5 seconds. no inflatable cuff, i-gel provides a safe and rapid airway management solution.
Applications of i-gel
i-gel is designed for use in securing and maintaining patent airway in routine and emergency anaesthetics operations of fasted patients during spontaneous intermittent positive pressure ventilation (IPPV).
The i-gel supraglottic airway is supplied in an innovative colour-coded polypropylene ‘cage pack’. This unique packaging protects the i-gel in transit and ensures that it maintains its unique anatomical shape.
i-gel Supraglottic Airway's are now available in 7 different sizes, please specify when ordering.
Free and Easy Delivery
All deliveries to the UK are free as standard, however we do have a number of options available in the checkout for next day delivery and Saturday delivery at an added cost.
The FASTEST way to get a refund or exchange for your item is to fill in the returns form within 30 days of receiving your goods. Once supplied with an RMA number goods must be returned complete with the manufacturers packaging and instructions in an un-damaged and re-saleable condition.
Please see our full refund policy for more info on how to return goods.